Week 8 – Multi-Media Learning, Jing & Screencastify

Multi-Media Learning Theory

There are two channels in classroom learning which are visual and audio. These contribute to encoding and the working memory. There are different strategies you can use to support both type of students there are strategies, one being sketchnoting. Sketchnoting is having a visual piece of work with key points of the topic. This allows students to listen to the teachers information and see visuals that support the information, aka anchor. Another strategies I learned and would use is by having just a photo displayed on the board as an anchor to support the lesson.

Jing

The wonder questions that are prompted by this article are: What is handwriting? Why might it be an important life tool? What do I know about handwriting? What do I wonder about handwriting?

Pompom lesson on kindness!

Screencastify 

My inspiration for my wonder questions came from this video created by edutopia : 60-Second Strategy: Pom-Pom Jar . I love this strategy and it is definitely one that I would use. 

Here are my questions: What is kindness? What does kindness look like? How might we be kind in our classroom? What do I know about kindness? What do I wonder about kindness? 

Photo retrieved from Unsplash.com :Estee Jenssens