Blog 2 – My Cricut Crafting Goals for This Semester

Hey fellow Crafters!

With Cricut, I hope to be able to complete multi-layer iron-on patterns with up to five layers, potentially more depending on how my progress is going. Making multi-layer patterns will allow me to make detailed custom designs on shirts, pillowcases, hoodies, etc. In addition to multi-layer iron-on’s, I would like to try to make an item with infusible ink. Infusible ink is a type of ink that comes in a transfer sheet. This way they can be easily cut and applied with heat. Similarly to HTV (heat transfer vinyl) you can make different custom designs with infusible ink. Items such as coasters, tote bags, and shirts. You are somewhat limited in what you can make with infusible ink as the material has to be compatible with the infusible ink, however, I think it would be neat to make some custom coasters. I would also like to try using different materials especially for stickers, as I have found simpler designs apply easily, and more detailed designs can be trickier to apply. There is also transfer tape made by different companies that I would like to experiment with and see if they make the application process happen more smoothly. All of these goals are budget depending! 

Eventually, I would like to get fully comfortable with Cricut Design Space and the machine, so I feel as though I can accomplish whatever projects I am asked to complete or want to complete. I have had some opportunities to make gifts for people and shirts for special occasions, however, I wasn’t able to complete what they had originally requested as I had not had the experience I needed. Through this inquiry, I hope to gain experience so I can expand on what I can create for customers. 

Photo retrieved from Unsplash.ca: Jazmin Quaynor