Blog 5 – Playing and Singing

Blog 5 – Playing and Singing

Hey music makers!

Recently I had the pleasure of playing the new song I’m learning for my family! I’d say it went pretty well, but at the time I didn’t know how to play the whole song through and how many times I should repeat the intro, verse, bridge and chorus, but thats what I did today. I searched and printed the song lyrics then went back to the video tutorial to see what strumming and chord pattern went with which part of the song (he only plays for the first third of the song). I struggled at first, but I had the chords written above or below the according lyric and soon after began to pick it up.

One thing I would like to do is find a kazoo so I can hum along with the intro, I tried to hum today, but I don’t think I am playing it quite fast enough to hum along to the right rhythm. So hopefully after a few more practices I’ll be more confident at it and can add in some humming. If I do end up wanting a kazoo, I hope I can find one. I briefly went out today to look and I couldn’t find one at either of the stores I went to.

Photo retrieved form Unsplash.com: Samuel Ramos